Monday, March 1, 2010

E- Learning - Intra-personal Task C : Jem's Diary

Dear Diary,
Today is a day I want to forget. Did it really happen? What I had trusted for so long, what I believed in, crumbled before my very eyes today. Justice. Just what exactly is justice? I used to believe that justice can never be wrong. They'll never wrongly accuse someone. But this false believe crumbled today. I arrived at the court full of hope. All of us know that Tom Robinson is innocent. All the arguments put forth by Dad was also accurate, while the opposition's lawyer had no logical point at all! But all because Tom Robinson is a black and Mayella Ewell is a white, Tom Robinson was judged guilty by the jury. What rubbish is this! They all know. They know! But yet, their prejudice and racism towards blacks clouded their judgement. What happened to truth? What happened equality? Justice for all? All this is coming under ridicule after I witnessed this trial. There is no true equality in the world. The winners, the majority get the priority treatment. The losers, the minority get ridiculed, and suffer less-than-human treatment. There is no justice. What is the world turning into at this rate? The world is corrupt.But I will, and I hope that one day I can change this. God bless Tom Robinson, who was treated unfairly for the whole of his life.

Jem Atticus Finch.

No comments:

Post a Comment